Meditation is fast emerging as one of the most powerful source of positive energy and healing. You learn to relax your mind and body and reach a peaceful state where the daily stress doesn’t let you go. However, just like any other practice, meditation too has different techniques that have been made so they tailor suit your needs as an individual. One of the most peaceful and powerful ways of meditation is Chakra Meditation. Before understanding chakra meditation techniques, you need to know how to locate the chakras in your body:
- Root Chakra - Coccyx or Root Chakra is located at the base of your spine. Health and security are linked to this chakra. Color-Red
- Naval Chakra – Located at the naval abdomen, this chakra is responsible for the physical feelings of sexuality, love, pleasure and passion. Color - Orange
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Located below the chest and above the navel. Responsible for control and concentration along with will power. This chakra can be used to strengthen your internal energy so it can control the external energy. Color - Yellow
- Heart Chakra – This chakra is located at the center of your chest and focuses on love, care and understanding. This is responsible for the feelings of compassion, forgiveness, balance and harmony as well as the rare feelings of divine and unconditional love. Color - Green
- Throat Chakra – This is located in your throat area, between the top of the sternum and chin. Responsible for the power of communication. Knowledge, wisdom, kindness and honesty generate from this chakra. Color – Sky Blue
- Brow Chakra – This one is located right above your eyes on the forehead, popularly known as the “Third Eye” region. This chakra generates energy that is beyond physical realm. Insight, clairvoyance, imagination and intuition are related to this chakra. Color - Indigo
- Crown Chakra – Located right at the top of your head. This is responsible for your very consciousness of time and space as well as your sense of higher self. Color – Violet
Guided meditation is the best way to meditate as the person or the voice guiding you will help relax your mind and body with expertise. But you can practice chakra meditation techniques at home. Here is how:
- Chakra meditation doesn’t require you to sit with legs crossed. You can either sit or lie down but your back must be straight at both positions.
- Breathe in and out deeply, but unlike other forms of meditation, you don’t have to focus on regulating your breathing.
- Inhale and feel your breath traveling up and then down your spine when you exhale. Repeat the process till you feel rejuvenated.
- Begin with root chakra. Imagine the specified color and feel its energy. When you’ve felt and visualized the energy of the root chakra, move on to the naval chakra, so on and so forth. Repeat this for each of the seven chakras.
- Separate chakra crystals are available. You can buy them and hold the crystals for focus while going through the chakras.
Chakra meditation techniques are age old and proven to take away the stress from your body and help you understand your body and energy points better than anyone else. Practice daily till you reach a state where your perception of life changes and strengthens your soul.
About the Author
Learn more about brain techniques and find out how brain exercises works.
The above guest post is published based on the premise that it will be helpful and informative.
The opinions made within it are those of the author and not of sunnyray.org. The links you may find within
this post do not necessarily imply our recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.