Crystals » Charging Water With Crystals
crystal agate crystal bronzite crystal celestine crystal dolomite epidote stone fuchsite stone metaphysical properties of garnets Hiddenite  jet stone kyanite stone lapis lazuli lapis lazuli onyx phenakite stone rock crystal Shiva Lingam stone tigers eye ulexite crystal zircon crystal
Sunstone gemstone | Emerald stone | Rutile quartz | Topaz crystal | Hematite stones | Sapphire stones | Fluorite crystal | Diamonds meaning | Vogel crystal | Blue lace agate | Jade gem stone | Orthoclase | Lepidolite properties | Sattuckite properties | Citrine | Aquamarine | Rose quartz | Amethyst | Fire opal | Obsidian | Prehnite | Opal | Kunzite | Thulite | Tourmaline | Amazonite | Petalite | Tektite | Pietersite | Ruby | Chrysoprase | Selenite | Danburite | Calcite | Labradorite | Sodalite | Meteorite | Pyrite | Rhodochrosite | Turquoise | Moonstone | Wulfenite |
The magical world of crystals book by Olga Rezo

Water Charging by Using Crystals

If you have an already charged crystal you can use it to charge and sort of purify (in the metaphysical sense) your drinking water. This procedure is very similar to using crystals for preparing crystal elixirs. Primarily you can charge your drinking water, but also you can positively affect your cooking water, bath water, the water you use for your animals, plants, and so on.

It is important to know that ONLY certain crystal can be used, that is, NOT all crystals are suitable for charging. In fact, some of them can cause considerable problems and be a health hazard. You should check every potential crystal or stone you intend to use and find out if they are potentially dangerous, that is, if you are allowed to put them in water and use them for charging (see the last paragraph for some examples of such crystals). That said, you can certainly use a great number of crystals that are safe, and in doing so, you can charge your drinking water with different types of energy.

Because of the considerations in the previous chapter, here we are going to limit ourselves to using just plain Rock Crystal - Quartz. In particular, I would suggest using clear quartz single crystal points. Your chosen piece of Rock Crystal should be spotlessly clean. It should be without cracks or impurities of any kind. If you don't have Rock Crystal in a crystalline form you can use tumbled Quartz. That is basically the same material. Avoid using raw pieces as they may break and cause ingestion concerns. Also, if you want to use a quartz geode or a cluster, you may find that it is not so easy to clean all the areas. In addition, with geodes or clusters there is a matrix present which might contain foreign elements. Therefore, avoid geodes, and stick to the single pieces, or if you have to use them, put them on the outside of your water container. Yes, that's an alternative method of charging water, to put your crystals close to the water container, not actually in it.

tumbled rock crystals

Even better than rock crystal I personally like to use Herkimer diamonds. They are natural double terminated silica points, of basically the same microscopic structure as quartz. They are not as expensive as their name suggests and everyone can afford them.

herkimer diamonds

What You Will Need

You will need your chosen crystal, several glass containers and a plastic wrap.

Step by step guide

If you are starting from a newly acquired rock crystal point use the following steps:

1. Rinse your crystal by using running water. Let the water run for at least 2-3 minutes. This will cleanse not only the surface dust, but also the accumulated "inner, energy dust".
  2. Charge your crystal prior to using it for charging water. Use your own energy, or some external energy source. In the first case, hold it in your hands. Project into it your positive thoughts and emotions, for example your energy of healing, prosperity, or0 love. Don't rush the process - give your rock crystal some time so that it is properly charged. In the second case, use for example the energy of the sun. Put your crystal in the early morning sunlight, and let it absorb sun's active energy for several hours.
  3. Take a glass container filled with water. Instead of using tap water, use natural mineral or spring water. Use tap water only if you absolutely have to. Place your crystal into the container and cover it with a plastic wrap to prevent dust and other particles to pollute the water. Note: I have seen some webpages recommend using distilled water for charging. Don't do that. You shouldn't use distilled water, as it lacks all of water's electrolytes and and all of the trace elements which are as important at the water itself.
  4. Find a spot in your house where you can leave the prepared container undisturbed. Leave the glass container overnight and your drinking water is ready. If you want to use it for bathing or as water for your garden, you can leave it there for several days.
  5. Once the water is charged, take the crystal out and pour it into a glass bottle. You will get a brilliant, charged water.
charged water

That's it. Once charged, this type of water will carry a more intense, vitalized vibration and if you used your own energy for charging, it will be loaded with your positive energy and intention.

Warnings

If you intend to use other types of crystals, rather than Rock Crystal, check first for potential health hazards of that particular type of crystal or stone. Remember that you are putting a stone into water, a stone that potentially might release some harmful impurities and not so healthy elements into it. Also make sure that you have a single phase specimen.

Here are some examples. They do not exhaust the entire list of hazardous stones. First, crystals that contain copper or lead should never be used. This group includes Azurite, Malachite, Galena, Chalcopyrite, and others. Hematite as an iron based stone should not be put in water as prolonged exposure to water makes it rust. Some salt crystals dissolve in water, so they should be avoided too. Other stones, like for example Tiger's Eye, contain asbestos and likewise should not be used for charging water.

Comments:

Thompson says:
07-18-2015

I got green aventurine and green amazonite green, i mean can i combine in porket to use. Again how long will it takes gemstones to accomplish your wishes.

07-19-2015

Hi Thompson. I'm not sure what your question was. Gemstones can sort of "support" you in your attempts to accomplish your wishes, but they are just auxiliary tools, so that you can better focus your energy. To that end, you would need to program them.

Anne Six says:
09-28-2015

I usually charge my crystals under a full moon. Can I do this when the moon is a blood moon and a super full moon at the same time?

09-28-2015

I believe you can, provided that you know exactly what kind of energy impact this combination has on your crystal.

shae says:
11-18-2015

My question is can I charge my color stones in charged water?

11-18-2015

I don't see why not, although one usually uses stones to charge water. But I guess, the other way around should work as well.

Vaishnavi says:
01-11-2016

I heard through word of mouth that Sugilite and Kunzite cannot be directly immersed in water for charging. Is that so? In that case, can I use them in the secondary charging technique? Thanks!

01-13-2016

I don't think you will have any problem cleansing or charging either of them by using water. As for charging water with them, that's another question altogether.

Vaishnavi says:
01-16-2016

Sorry about sounding ambiguous. Yes, I wanted to know about the safety of Kunzite and Sugilite elixirs.

01-18-2016

It depends on the quality and purity of the stones. The stones shouldn't be raw or rough. Also, you never know what impurities there might be present. That said, you can still use them for charging, even if you are not sure about their safety. Just don't immerse them in water. Put them immediately outside the water container.

Maria Luisa Diaz says:
03-15-2016

Informative

Kris says:
03-15-2016

I have bought a Rose Quartz. Is it safe to charge water and drink it? And how offten can this water be used, amounts? Thank you

03-18-2016

Yes, provided that the Rose quartz is pure, clear, without foreign elements, and with smooth surface. If you are not sure, you can always place your stone close to the water container, but on the outer side. You can choose the frequency and amount of water to serve your needs.

Lackren says:
05-02-2016

Can i use natural water to charge Amethyst pendulum also as well as Green Adventurine pendulum. if so, how long the Amethyst pendulum would stay inside the water.

05-05-2016

It is usually the other way around. Use crystals to charge water, not water to charge crystals. But, nothing speaks against using the element of water to charge your crystals if you want to do that for some special purpose. Make sure you have as pure a water as you can find. I would leave each pendulum for at least 24 hours immersed inside.

Summer says:
06-21-2016

Besides quartz & herkimer, what are your 3 or so favorite crystals to charge water for drinking? -side note, what crystal do you use to mitigate EMFs in your home? Thanks for this great info, on my way to pick up a herkimer!

06-22-2016

I personally only use quartz and herkimer. Never had the need to use anything else. As for mitigating EMF, I would suggest Fe and Cu based minerals, or any other good grounding stone. For example, pyrite, hematite, malachite, black tourmaline.

RESHMA says:
07-31-2016

Hello
I have bought a rose quartz egg crystal. I want to charge my drinking water with it. Kindly advise.
Also if you can recommend how i can use it to derive maximum benefit.
Thanks
Regards
Reshma

08-02-2016

Rose quartz is generally considered a safe stone for water charging. If you want to be extra careful, put it on the outer side of the water container, it should do the job just fine.

Summer says:
08-05-2016

can a smokey quartz crystal be used?

08-05-2016

Smoky quartz crystals should be safe too.

Joe says:
08-21-2016

I just charged my water. I used several stones. And i used a tigers eye stone is it safe to touch the water ?

08-25-2016

Just to be safe I wouldn't use Tiger's eye for charging inside the water container. You never know the actual composition, impurity elements, etc.

Jo says:
08-25-2016

If the water was not intended to be used for consumption would charging be more potent with demineralised water?

08-25-2016

Very interesting question indeed. I have to admit I haven't given much thought to this idea. Of course, you are right, it wouldn't be wise to drink demineralised water. But, if it will be more potent for other purposes? Could be. Maybe someone has tried that and would care to share?

Edina Worthington says:
10-19-2016

Which is the best crystal to buy to purifi water and it is safe to use.

10-19-2016

Hi Edina
Just to be clear here, you cannot purify water by using crystals. You can only charge clean water to activate it, and make it more potent and pure in the metaphysical sense of the word. If the water is polluted, crystals won't help. Of course, with polluted water one could try using Zeolites, and active carbon, but that's not something you should be doing on your own. There are systems developed for that use specifically. So, don't ever try to purify polluted water with crystals!

Tracy says:
11-18-2016

Is it safe to drop crystals into my well? And which ones? Feeling the need to do this. Thanks

11-18-2016

You should explore the potential safety issues with every crystal you would like to drop. For starters, I would use rock crystal. Preferably, well polished transparent bulky specimens.

Estelle says:
12-12-2016

Hi I have a rose quartz, an améthyst geode, angel aura quartz And carnelian. Which one can I charge water for my pets to be living long healthy lives.

12-16-2016

I wouldn't use the geode, as its matrix may crumble in the water. Tumbled or single-crystal Rose quartz, angel aura quartz and carnelian should be fine.

Trecia says:
01-03-2017

I would like to know can a tourmaline quartz be soaked in water and used as drinking water to get rid of negative energy and prevent negative energy from surrounding me

01-03-2017

You can try, it certainly can't hurt. Relying solely on charged water to get rid of surrounding negative energies might be overly ambitious. Depending on the source of negativity (radiation, negative people) you might want to use other methods too. For example, regular meditation practice can do wonders.

Donna says:
01-31-2017

I charge my well water with herkimer quartz crystals. Is it OK to leave them in a glass container that we tap the water from into a glass as we need? (Don't take them out) and how often should those quartz being used be charged?

01-31-2017

I believe herkimer is one of the best crystals to charge water with. That said, if you use them as you describe, make sure their surface is smooth, without impurities or other crystalline phases mixed in, and without cracks that could possibly erode into your drinking water. I don't think any special charging of the herkimer crystals is needed. Once in a while, just let them stay out in the morning sun for a couple of hours. That's it.

Tony says:
02-06-2017

Shungite.
Contains Natural antioxidants called fullerenes that attract and neturalize waterbourne contaminants.

Been using it for a while.

Otherwise tape a small ziplock bag ontop of your water filter and put in some others like malachite for stress or apophylite for higher frequency.

02-07-2017

Thanks for sharing Tony. If I may ask, what's your take on charging water with Shungite? Is it only the physical benefits or you get some metaphysical ones too?

Tabatha says:
02-13-2017

Can you put the crystals in a glass then put inside a container of water where the level is of course below the glass.. that way the crystal does not get wet and water does not get contaminated if the crystal is water soluble?

02-15-2017

Yes, that's a good idea not to contaminate the water whenever you're not sure what's in the crystal or how pure it is.

Your Comment:

Rare stones:Serandite | Pink Amethyst | Nuummite | Shungite

Subscribe to our Sunnyray Crystals Newsletter and download the extended excerpt of Olga's encyclopedia of crystals "The Magical World of Crystals". It includes the chapter related to selecting, cleansing, charging, and programming your crystals! Get this free booklet now and learn how to use your crystals to their maximum potential! .